The Compliance Auditor will work with the compliance team to effectively identify and resolve events of non-compliance. This role will require excellent attention to detail and prior knowledge or experience with local, state, and federal housing regulations. The Compliance Auditor will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities.
- Complete certification processing, ensuring files are reviewed within a 24-hour period
- Preparation of client documents for audits and reports, reconciliation of discrepancies, and completion of all forms and paperwork as required.
- Conducting compliance file audits onsite and remotely as needed for clients
- Keeping current on all updates and changes in affordable housing programs and requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related area or equivalent experience and/or training
- Section 8, Section 42, HOME and Tax Credit program experience preferred
- Experience with local, state, and federal housing regulations and property management
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work interdependently and use sound judgment
- Ability to be resourceful and manage multiple priorities
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Experience with property management software a plus