The Systems Administrator II will provide systems administration level 2 and escalated support to Yardi Systems SaaS customers as part of the 24x7x365 Cloud Services team. This is a technical role requiring experience on complex enterprise systems. The Cloud Administrator II will be self-directed and work as part of a global team and interact with relevant internal teams to ensure requests are actioned, technical issues are resolved and the environment is optimized.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
- Expected to be a self-directed technical leader on the Systems Administration team providing mentorship and training to junior team members
- Solve problems with the goal of never having to solve the problem again. Methods include but are not limited to automation, scripting, process redesign, consistency and training other team members
- Be a self-directed project manager for large scale projects affecting multiple machines, clients and/or data centers
- Design and write procedures, processes and project plans
- Scope of responsibility extends to all machines and technologies that the Cloud Administration team is responsible for
- Provide an aggregated perspective of tasks and project for the Systems Administration team that are informed by the team’s yearly goals
- Expected to be aware of and learn new technologies being introduced in the Yardi Cloud Environment
- Administration, support and optimization of physical and virtual Windows Server and/or Linux systems in a 24x7 Cloud environment
- Participate in an enterprise 24x7 support environment with weekend and on call work required
- Availability for scheduled maintenance of systems and applications.
Requirements (Education, Certification, Training, and Experience)
- Minimum 5+ years Systems Administration experience in an enterprise environment
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience configuring, administering and troubleshooting Windows Server 2008/2012/2016.
- Experience with Microsoft HyperV and Microsoft Systems Center required.
- Knowledge of Linux required.
- Knowledge of scripting languages including but not limited to Powershell, Python, HTML required.
- Knowledge of open source monitoring tools such as ELK, Icinga and Graphite preferred.
- Knowledge of Netapp and Dell hardware preferred
- Technical qualifications (MCSE and/or RHCE Preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong sense of customer service with good analytical and organizational skills including the ability to provide guidance to all Cloud Services team members.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Detail oriented with a strong desire to take ownership of a problem and see it through until resolution.
- A passion for technology and strong problem solving skills.
- Must enjoy being part of a team and enjoy dealing with people.