Santa Ana, CA
The Human Resource Manager is responsible for providing a broad range of HR support and consulting services in a multi-location environment and for participating in nation-wide HR team projects & initiatives.
- Follows established approaches, policies, and procedures concerning HR support at the local level.
- Works closely with local Senior Management to manage change and exceed expectations in terms of HR support and customer service.
- Manages employee relations, conducts investigations, terminations and exit interviews.
- Collaborates with managers on performance management and improvement processes.
- Monitors the performance evaluation program.
- Facilitates training for specified offices on Human Resources issues such as Human Resources laws and regulations, complaint procedures, EEOC, sexual harassment and termination procedures; makes recommendation on training needs and improvement.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation.
- Ensures compliance in a variety of HR areas at the local level.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Position will be based out of the Santa Ana office and will travel to San Diego once a week.
- Conduct multi-state new hire orientations telephonically as required.
- Bachelor's degree and five (5) years Human Resources experience, or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills
- Proficient PC skills including: Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Strong attention to detail, follow-through and excellent organization skills
- Strong customer service orientation demonstrated flexibility and ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong sense of urgency, adaptability, flexibility and resourcefulness
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and come up with creative solutions/processes
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Proficient in Diplomacy skills, and tact.
- Knowledge of Federal, State and local regulations to include FMLA, ADA, EEOC, OSHA, FLSA, Worker's Compensation and Leaves of absences.
- Regular attendance and a regular work schedule is an essential function of this job
- Proven experience utilizing HRIS systems preferred