Santa Barbara, CA
The position’s prime focus is on management of industry events, user groups, online event, client events and sponsorships and leveraging participation to gain exposure, speaking opportunities and conference content. Successful candidates will have excellent verbal and written communication skills and must be able to handle multiple projects at once, coordinate many details in a proactive and organized fashion, work productively and flexibly with others in a fast-paced environment, and maintain a positive, enthusiastic attitude under pressure. Travel to events, as necessary.
- Generate leads, customer engagement, build brand, product education/training, drive demand, customer upsell
- Association management
- Industry research/publications
- Social Media
- Competition monitoring
Tradeshows & Conference
Sponsorship negotiations, secure speaking opportunities and create and execute strategic marketing campaigns. Manage association membership relationships, entitlements and dues. Plan and manage all trade event logistics; staffing, event registration, collateral, giveaways and booth logistics, securing hotel rooms, communicating status updates to Sales personnel throughout planning process.
- Travel to shows, as necessary
- Encourage and support user groups with promotions of their activities via email and printed letters to our client database. Occasionally coordinating a Yardi speaker.
- Reconstruct, reinforce or recruit for new user groups
- Provide locations, food, support for strategic user groups
- Consultant recruitment
Secure sponsorships, speaking opportunities and entitlements. Manage client relationships. Plan and manage all client event logistics; staffing, registration, collateral, giveaways and booth logistics, securing hotel rooms, communicating status updates to Sales personnel throughout planning process.
This position will require the following background and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related degree
- 1-3 years of general marketing, sales or business development experience
- Strong phone contact handling skills and active listening
- Familiarity with CRM systems and practices
- Strong foundational knowledge of marketing principles
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and Outlook
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a deadline driven environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and solid organizational skills
- Technical aptitude and the ability to understand technical products