Santa Barbara, CA
Under general supervision, the Event Coordinator is responsible for assisting in planning Yardi events from inception to completion by coordinating logistics, sourcing materials, and communicating with decision-makers for timely execution. The Event Coordinator may focus on either Yardi corporate events including large scale conferences and forums, or a higher volume of smaller tradeshow events.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (Corporate Events)
- Maintains inventory of supplies & materials in Yardi offices and places orders with vendors to prepare for each event.
- Processes vendor payments and handles corporate credit card reconciliation.
- Oversees printing of any in house materials for each event.
- Oversees shipping of materials from Yardi offices for each event.
- Maintains conference staff schedule documents.
- Assists with event logistics such as booking activities, dinners, and meetings in association with the Yardi Advanced Solutions Conference (YASC) and forums.
- Maintains production schedule for each event.
- Maintains Executive Briefing profile sheets for each meeting.
- Serves as events application lead for YASC
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (Trade Shows)
- Follows up with sales representatives that have attended events to ensure all event leads are submitted to corporate in the proposed timeframe.
- Participates in database cleanup and maintenance and acquires event attendee lists to verify information and prepare for future sales and marketing efforts.
- Supports the Marketing department with monthly meeting organization, corporate credit card reconciliation, budget entry, marketing spreadsheet management, and other administrative tasks.
- Provides marketing event information to new Sales employees and notifies Marketing management of events that need to be re-staffed when employees leave the company.
- Assists the on-site Yardi merchandising store by reviewing and fulfilling orders, maintaining and tracking inventory, and ordering promotional items for conferences.
- Serves as a back-up for webinar coordination by planning logistics, scheduling webinars and presenters, and distributing follow-up surveys.
- Updates master Top Pipeline deals spreadsheet monthly and cross-references to ensure they are invited to special events.
- Two plus (2+) years of experience in event planning.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, CRM systems, Outlook, and SharePoint.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Hospitality, or related field.
- One plus (1+) years of experience in the hospitality industry.
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to work at assigned office location.
- Regular attendance and a regular work schedule are essential functions of this job.
- National travel required up to 10% for meetings, events, forums, and site inspections.