Providing database administration support to Yardi Systems SaaS customers as part of the 24x7x365 Cloud Services team. The Database Administrator is responsible for supporting the database infrastructure within the Yardi Cloud and will work as part of a global team and liaise with relevant internal teams to ensure requests are actioned, technical issues are resolved, and the environments are optimized.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
• Configuring, supporting, and troubleshooting Yardi databases, ensuring database availability and security.
• Monitoring and optimizing database performance.
• Scheduling maintenance of systems and applications.
• Implementing change requests while ensuring minimum downtime.
• Overseeing and actioning alerts.
• Liaising with vendor support as necessary (Microsoft and Oracle).
• Working on an international team and liaise with global counterparts as required.
• Maintaining and improving documentation as required.
• Working on department level projects.
• Participating in an enterprise 24x7x365 support environment with weekend and on call work required.
• Experience with Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle in a virtualized environment.
• Knowledge of Windows Server, Active Directory, SQL Scripting, Powershell.
• A passion for technology and strong problem solving skills.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Good analytical, organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Good written and spoken communication skills.
• Strong sense of customer service.
• Must enjoy being part of a team and enjoy dealing with people.
• Minimum 2+ years Database Administration in enterprise environments.
• Relevant IT qualifications (Bachelor’s degree preferred).
• Technical Qualifications (MCSA SQL Server Preferred).
• Dependable attendance record