Santa Barbara, CA
The Expense Report Specialist is responsible for reviewing expense reports, reconciling credit card bills, training and assisting new employees with the online expense reporting system, generating reports, and providing other accounting support as needed. This position performs internal policy control, audits and dispute/error resolution in support of a high-volume Concur Travel and expense team.
- Processes employee expense reports on a daily basis to ensure completion of assigned bi-weekly queue.
- Ensures expense reports are processed accurately and timely within the critical processing deadlines.
- Ensures expense reports are coded accurately and are in compliance with the Travel Policy.
- Resolves expense report discrepancies or issues; researches and explores answers and alternative solutions; implements solutions; escalates unresolved problems.
- Analyzes expenses submitted to negate potential fraud or waste and abuse of assets.
- Supports teammates, managers, and other executives with process improvements and responses to inquiries.
- Maintains a high level of expense report information confidentiality.
- Communicates with employees any expense report discrepancies found such as any receipts missing, charges not matching receipt amount, or any charges not approved.
- Assists and trains new employees on how to enter expense reports into Concur.
- Completes monthly audits on expense reports.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Basic accounting skills
- Advanced level skills in Excel and Outlook
- High attention to detail
- Superior organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Time management skills
- Expense report processing experience
- Regular attendance and a regular work schedule is an essential function of this job