Santa Barbara, CA
The Compliance Associate will join Yardi’s “Know Your Client” or KYC team. This non-exempt position requires a regular weekday work schedule, reports to the legal department and works as part of a team that is responsible for:
- On-boarding clients who license our property management software and tenant screening services to ensure we are meeting all federal and vendor regulatory requirements.
- Monitoring and updating policies, procedures and best-practices to ensure the KYC process is effective, efficient and client-friendly.
- Providing guidance to and interacting directly with Sales, other internal teams, and clients about the KYC process.
- Learning and understanding KYC principles and trends and applying them as part of the collaborative KYC team.
- Maintaining verifiable compliance records and responding to external and conducting periodic internal audits.
- Providing general support to the company’s legal team as needed.
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to embrace and thrive in a process-driven environment
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft® Word, Outlook and Excel and willingness to learn and master proprietary software
- Desire and ability to learn and develop regulatory compliance expertise
- Friendly, collegial, team-oriented disposition!
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Regulatory or audit-related training or work experience, particularly in a regulated field such as financial services a plus
- Basic contract interpretation and review experience preferred
- Microsoft® OneNote and SharePoint experience a plus