Santa Barbara, CA
Under general supervision, the Event Specialist is responsible for the execution of multiple minor Yardi tradeshow events focused on increasing brand awareness, retention of existing clients, and supporting the sales team. The Event Specialist coordinates tradeshow logistics, sets up booth displays, organizes webinars, and manages the online event planning tool. The Event Specialist also secures speaking opportunities and gains company exposure through client events and sponsorships.
- Plans trade event logistics, including staffing, event registration, securing hotel rooms, collateral, giveaways, and providing updates to Sales personnel.
- Secures trade show speaking opportunities and executes strategic marketing campaigns
- Manages the on-site Yardi merchandising store by reviewing and fulfilling orders, maintaining and tracking inventory, and ordering promotional items for conferences.
- Sets up Yardi trade show display booths, including preshow configuration, graphics and equipment, and tear down at events.
- Assists the design and execution of marketing special events including event invitations, distribution lists, and sourcing materials.
- Coordinates webinar logistics by scheduling webinars, presenters, entering leads, and distributing follow-up surveys and reports.
- Manages Traq-it online event planning tool for event attendees by tracking and reporting event details, setting up new accounts, and maintaining data.
- Supports the marketing department by serving as a backup for shipping and display management, sales lead processing, and back-end entry of promotions for events.
- Cross-references attendee lists with CRM data to support Sales staff.
- Four plus (4+) years of experience in event planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Hospitality, or related field.
- Two plus (2+) years of experience in high-level hospitality
- Familiarity with Yardi products and services
- Proficiency with MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Outlook
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail.
- People-oriented with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Proficiency using CRM systems to manage data and generate sales leads
- Knowledge of Robohead project management tool
- Knowledge of Jira issue tracking software
- Regular attendance and a regular work schedule are essential functions of this job.
- National travel required up to 10% for meetings, events, forums, and site inspections.