The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for performing Human Resources (HR) duties on a professional level and will work closely with senior HR management in supporting the organization. The HR Generalist will perform activities within multiple functional areas, including, but not limited to: HRIS administration and reporting; onboarding, training, benefits administration, wellness and health and other employee engagement events.
- Works closely with HR management in providing HR support for the organization.
- Maintains employee-related databases to ensure employee changes are accurately captured in HR Voyager, and maintains documentation of approved changes.
- Conducts new-employee orientation.
- Collaborates with recruitment teams and conducts recruitment planning meetings when staff is identified. Reviews resumes for candidates in assigned locations when necessary and may participate in interview panel and recruitment procedures necessary to hire a superior workforce.
- Ensures new hire documents are complete and available for audit when necessary.
- Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested.
- Provides customer service, in-person, email, and by telephone.
- Follows established approaches, policies, and procedures.
- Responsible for other projects/duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business or Public Administration, English Communications, or related field.
- 2+ years Human Resources experience in a generalist role
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a deadline driven environment
- Customer service oriented and ability to work as team member.
- Experience appropriately handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Experience utilizing HRIS systems desired
- Understanding of employment law and policies desired
- Regular attendance and a regular work schedule is an essential function of this job