Santa Barbara, CA
Yardi is a global software company providing innovative property management solutions and services in every real estate market. We are focused on providing our customers with superior products and outstanding customer service. We are passionate about technology and believe work should be fulfilling and fun! We are committed to our customers, employees and the communities where we live.
We are seeking a highly-motivated individual with excellent attention to detail and prior paralegal-related experience to work with our Legal Team at our corporate headquarters!
What you will do
Work in a collaborative environment and assist other paralegals and in-house attorneys located in Santa Barbara and Boston as needed with the management on going and potential litigation, and the organization and maintenance of business and litigation files, business matters, and research projects
- Be in the know and continue to learn about the laws and regulations that apply to specific business areas including utility billing, tenant screening, vendor compliance, data security and others
- Use your excellent attention to detail to review, edit, and modify vendor contracts, non-disclosure agreements, and other contracts including indemnity provisions, damages limitations, and other key terms and conditions.
- Use your strong written communication skills to edit and review correspondence for a wide variety of recipients including other paralegals, in-house attorneys, internal departments, customers, opposing counsel and third-party consumers
- Learn how to use proprietary task-tracking software and how to generate, renew and manage client software license files
- Be part of a great team and collaborate with team members across the U.S.
What you need to have
- Associates degree or equivalent prior work experience
- Some familiarity with drafting and reviewing contracts, including indemnity provisions, damages limitations, and other key terms and conditions
- Prior training or experience as a paralegal or performing similar tasks
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and maintain organization
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Openness to feedback and direction and the ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to multitask and work in an environment with stringent deadlines
- Strong time management skills and an ability to take ownership for completing projects with minimal supervision
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft® Word, Outlook and Excel
- High comfort level learning and mastering proprietary software
- Strong internal motivation and the ability to work independently
- Team orientation and the ability to collaborate effectively
- Desire to learn and grow in the position
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 10% of the time
What would be helpful to have
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related degree
- Paralegal certification current or prior
- Prior corporate or law firm paralegal experience
- Basic contract review and analysis experience
- Microsoft® OneNote and SharePoint experience
- Current California Notary Public appointment
- Legal research and presentation skills
What you get as a Yardi Employee
- A great place to work with fantastic people
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits – Medical/dental, paid time off, sick time, paid holidays, 401(k), profit sharing, life insurance, and more!
At Yardi, we’ve created a team of over 7,000 employees in over 40 locations around the globe dedicated to making great real estate software products and fostering a collaborative work environment. Yardi is a place where people with a wide variety of cultural and life experiences come together to make a difference. Our corporate culture stresses integrity, respect, trust, responsibility, and fun! Come join our growing team!
All submissions for open positions should be received through Yardi’s applicant portal, accessed from Yardi’s corporate website.