Santa Barbara, CA
Yardi is a global software company providing innovative property management solutions and services in every real estate market. We are focused on providing our customers with superior products and outstanding customer service. We are passionate about technology and believe work should be fulfilling and fun! We are committed to our customers, employees and the communities where we live.
We are looking for a motivated team player with excellent attention to detail to process high volume, multi-state payroll for Yardi!
What you will do
- Use your high attention to detail to verify and audit timesheet data for accuracy, completeness and compliance with federal and state wage and hour laws
- Prepare, document and disperse payroll checks, payroll taxes and employee benefits payments
- Process new hires, terminations, status changes, tax changes, deductions, timesheet data, rate changes, and retroactive payments in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Assist with annual processing of W2’s, processing employee changes (i.e. address change, direct deposit information, etc.)
- Use your strong interpersonal skills to respond to employee questions regarding paychecks
- Manage paid time off (PTO) balances and accruals and leaves of absence
- Calculates and prepares final checks for employee terminations
- Respond to requests from the government for wage garnishments, withholding lock-ins, and other notices regarding employee tax filings
- Stay up to date with changes to state laws regarding wage garnishments, sick time, etc.
- Collaborate with other team members and help check each other’s work to ensure accuracy
- Participate in internal and external audits for compliance with wage and hour laws
- Responds to requests for verification of employment
- Comply with company business practices, safeguards, policies, and legal compliance regulations
- Works on special projects as directed by management
What you need to have
- Associates degree in Accounting or related area
- Minimum of 2 years of experience processing payroll
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel and experience using a 10-key
- Knowledge of federal and state wage and hour laws
- Awesome written and verbal communication skills
- Phenomenal customer service skills and desire to go the extra mile
- Excellent attention to detail and high accuracy level
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a deadline driven environment
- Great people skills and the ability to use tact and diplomacy
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality regarding employee data and compensation information
What would be helpful to have
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Experience with ADP payroll processing system
- Experience with multi-state and/or Canadian payroll processing
What you get as a Yardi Employee
- A great place to work with fantastic people
- Ability to learn and develop professionally
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits – Medical/dental, paid time off, sick time, paid holidays, 401(k), profit sharing, life insurance, and more!
At Yardi, we’ve created a team of over 7,000 employees in over 40 locations around the globe dedicated to making great real estate software products and fostering a collaborative work environment. Yardi is a place where people with a wide variety of cultural and life experiences come together to make a difference. Our corporate culture stresses integrity, respect, trust, responsibility, and fun! Come join our growing team!
All submissions for open positions should be received through Yardi’s applicant portal, accessed from Yardi’s corporate website.