Santa Barbara, CA
Yardi is a global software company providing innovative property management solutions and services in every real estate market. We are focused on providing our customers with superior products and outstanding customer service. We are passionate about technology and believe work should be fulfilling and fun! We are committed to our customers, employees and the communities where we live.
We are looking for an experienced Accountant with experience maintaining accurate financial records in a multi-entity environment to join Yardi’s growing Accounting Team!
What you will do
- Maintains one or more of the following accounting systems: journal entries, general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and/or revenue reconciliation
- Reviews and interprets financial reporting requirements, rules, and regulations
- Records and analyzes accounting transactions
- Prepares and maintains accurate records of financial transactions
- Participates in month-end close by preparing and reviewing journal entries and reconciling accounts
- Assists with preparation of federal, state, and local reports, tax returns, and use tax filings
- Enters billing information into financial systems in accordance with GAAP regulations, global accounting standards, and company policy
- Prepares ad hoc reports and projects as needed
- Documents and reviews contractual terms, amounts billed, contract expirations, extensions, and rate indexations
- Receives, checks, and schedules payments for suppliers’ invoices; prepares protocol reports for receipt of products and services in accordance with legal requests and contracts
- Participates in fiscal audits performed by fiscal authorities
What you need to have
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- Five plus (5+) years of accounting experience
- Experience with foreign currency consolidations
- Prior experience with internal and external audits
- Knowledge and understanding of GAAP accounting principles
- Working knowledge of global payroll regulations and accounting standards
- Knowledge of database reporting writing
- Knowledge of accounting software
- Proficiency in 10-key and MS Office applications
- Advanced Excel skills and PivotTable and Power Query
- Understanding and ability to interpret financial statements
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and high accuracy level
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
What would be nice to have
- Experience in public accounting
- Experience in multi-entity accounting
- International accounting experience
What you get as a Yardi Employee
- A great place to work with fantastic people
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits – Medical/dental, paid time off, sick time, paid holidays, 401(k), profit sharing, life insurance, and more!
At Yardi, we’ve created a team of over 8,000 employees in over 40 locations around the globe dedicated to making great real estate software products and fostering a collaborative work environment. Yardi is a place where people with a wide variety of cultural and life experiences come together to make a difference. Our corporate culture stresses integrity, respect, trust, responsibility, and fun! Come join our growing team!
All submissions for open positions should be received through Yardi’s applicant portal, accessed from Yardi’s corporate website.