Yardi is a global software company providing innovative property management solutions and services in every real estate market. We are focused on providing our customers with superior products and outstanding customer service. We are passionate about technology and believe work should be fulfilling and fun! We are committed to our customers, employees and the communities where we live.
The Yardi’s legal team is growing and seeks a highly motivated, positive, passionate lawyer with litigation experience who wants to move in-house or who has in-house experience! If you have at least five years of meaningful litigation experience, embrace discovery, and enjoy designing processes to make litigating more efficient all while collaborating with business teams, we want to hear from you.
The position is currently a hybrid remote position where the majority of time can be spent working remotely with some in-office days at the assigned office each month. The position will be based in our Waltham, Massachusetts office, but we are willing to consider basing it in our Santa Barbara, California office. From time to time travel will be required between Waltham and Santa Barbara, and less frequently between the assigned office location and other places around the country, depending on litigation needs.
What you will do
- Handle a range of litigation matters involving legal, regulatory, and business disputes with a focus on the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
- Organize and track pending, threatened and actual disputes to meet deadlines and help maximize successful outcomes
- Execute and maintain existing and developing new strategies, processes, and procedures for efficiently and effectively handling pending, threatened, and actual litigation
- Work hands-on with the paralegal team and relevant business teams on all aspects of discovery
- Provide guidance and advice to a variety of internal Company departments at all levels on litigation and at times non-litigation business matters
- Communicate effectively with internal and external parties, including opposing counsel, customers, regulators, public authorities, and senior management
- Analyze software licensing agreements, vendor agreements, non-disclosure agreements, lease agreements, and other types of contracts
- Develop and maintain strong knowledge of existing laws, rules, and regulations that impact the Company’s business—including the FCRA, data protection and privacy laws, and more
- Be part of a great team and collaborate with team members across the U.S.
What you need to have
- Law degree from an ABA accredited law school
- Active Bar membership in the United States with no record of discipline
- 5 + years of relevant legal experience, with some meaningful commercial litigation experience
- Litigation management experience (of both state and federal court)
- Working knowledge of or a willingness to learn about the FCRA (and other complex rules and regulations), consumer reporting, and tenant screening
- Highest level of professional ethics, personal integrity, and sound judgement
- Superlative oral and written communication skills
- Excellent judgment, the ability to learn quickly, and the desire to make legal processes better, faster, and stronger
- Strong ability to work individually and as a team, including under pressure, with minimal direct supervision and while managing competing priorities
- Proficiency with Microsoft® Word, Excel and Outlook, and a comfort level learning and using proprietary Company software
- Creative problem solving ability and a genuine comfort with taking appropriate risks and making 180-degree pivots
- Friendly, collegial, flexible, comfortable in an individual contributor role, collaborative, and with an enthusiasm for work, life, and litigation
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 35% of the time for litigation and business matters
What would be helpful to have
- Mix of law firm and in-house legal experience
- Some familiarity working with software developers is a plus
- Basic understanding of or willingness to learn about software development, complex relational databases, cloud computing and software-as-a-service (SaaS)
- Some experience or a willingness to learn drafting and negotiating software licensing agreements
What you get as a Yardi Employee
- A great place to work with fantastic people
- Ability to learn new technology and develop professionally
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits – Medical/dental, paid time off, sick time, paid holidays, 401(k), profit sharing, life insurance, and more!
At Yardi, we’ve created a team of over 8,000 employees in over 40 locations around the globe dedicated to making great real estate software products and fostering a collaborative work environment. Yardi is a place where people with a wide variety of cultural and life experiences come together to make a difference. Our corporate culture stresses integrity, respect, trust, responsibility, and fun! Come join our growing team!
All submissions for open positions should be received through Yardi’s applicant portal, accessed from Yardi’s corporate website.