Yardi is a global software company providing innovative property management solutions and services in every real estate market. We are focused on providing our customers with superior products and outstanding customer service. We are passionate about technology and believe work should be fulfilling and fun! We are committed to our customers, employees and the communities where we live.
The Yardi legal department is looking for a paralegal to join our team in Waltham, Massachusetts. This is an in-house position that involves litigation support but does not completely fit the traditional paralegal model. The right candidate will have an enthusiasm for working on both litigation and business matters and non-litigation projects, an interest in supporting company lawyers as well as software, sales, and client-support teams, and a willingness to learn how we operate and collaborate with peers to solve problems. This is a hybrid role based in Waltham MA.
What you will do
- Assist in-house attorneys and other paralegals with the management of on-going and potential litigation including managing ligation deadlines and placing and lifting legal holds
- Support a wide range of other non-litigation company business
- Willingness to learn about and monitor the laws and regulations that apply to specific business areas including utility billing, tenant screening, vendor compliance, domestic and international data security, and more
- Review and provide input on legal pleadings and other correspondence for various recipients including outside counsel, in-house attorneys, consumers, customers, internal departments, opposing counsel, and others
- Organize, complete, and maintain software license files (no software experience is required for this)
- Receive and respond to a wide range of requests from internal teams, external vendors, and clients related to many aspects of the business including software license agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and audit and compliance information
- Review, edit, and modify contracts, non-disclosure agreements, and other agreements including flagging non-standard revisions by vendors, suppliers, and clients for attorney review
- Perform legal research online and using Westlaw®
- Learn and use Yardi’s case and queue system, a home-grown system for receiving, managing, and tracking tasks
What you need to have
- College degree (2 or 4 year), paralegal certification, and/or 2+ years of other relevant work experience
- Litigation management experience
- Outstanding attention to detail, time management and organization skills, and the ability to prioritize and be accountable for completing projects and help keep others on track
- Openness to feedback and direction and the disposition to operate comfortably in a busy, sometimes deadline-driven, multi-tasking environment
- Friendly, collegial attitude with a refined ability to work independently and on a team
- Contract review and analysis experience, or a basic understanding of contracts and a willingness to learn
- Clear, concise, and professional written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft® OneNote, SharePoint, Outlook, Excel, and Word
What would be nice to have
- Current Notary Public appointment
What you get as a Yardi Employee
- A great place to work with fantastic people
- Ability to learn new technology and develop professionally
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits – Medical/dental, paid time off, sick time, paid holidays, 401(k), profit sharing, life insurance, and more!
At Yardi, we’ve created a team of over 8,000 employees in over 40 locations around the globe dedicated to making great real estate software products and fostering a collaborative work environment. Yardi is a place where people with a wide variety of cultural and life experiences come together to make a difference. Our corporate culture stresses integrity, respect, trust, responsibility, and fun! Come join our growing team!
All submissions for open positions should be received through Yardi’s applicant portal, accessed from Yardi’s corporate website.