Santa Barbara, CA
Yardi is a global software company providing innovative property management solutions and services in every real estate market. We are passionate about technology and believe work should be fulfilling and fun! We are committed to our customers, employees, and the communities where we live.
Yardi’s transactional team is growing and seeks a highly motivated, positive, passionate attorney who wants to move in-house or who has in-house experience. If you have at least five years of meaningful transactional experience, we want to hear from you.
The position is currently a hybrid remote position where the majority of time can be spent working remotely with some in-office days at the assigned office each month. We expect the position to be based out of one of the following offices: Santa Barbara, CA, Roswell, GA, or Waltham, MA. From time to time travel will be required between Yardi offices and other places around the country and globe, depending on transactional needs.
What you will do
- Handle a range of transactional matters, particularly commercial contracts with a heavy emphasis on software-as-a-service (SaaS) agreements
- Help build our negotiating playbooks and streamline our contracting processes from NDA to deal closing
- Provide guidance and advice to a variety of internal departments on legal and business matters, including the human resources department
- Be part of a great team and collaborate with Yardi attorneys across the U.S.
What you need to have
- Law degree from an ABA accredited law school
- Active Bar membership in the United States with no record of discipline
- 3 + years of relevant legal experience
- Highest level of professional ethics, personal integrity, and sound judgement
- Superlative oral and written communication skills
- Excellent judgment, the ability to learn quickly, and the desire to improve internal legal processes
- Strong ability to work individually and as a team, including under pressure, with minimal direct supervision and while managing competing priorities
- Proficiency with Microsoft® Word, Excel, and Outlook, and the ability to learn and use proprietary Company software
- Creative problem-solving ability, a genuine comfort level for taking smart, appropriate risks, and the ability to make 180-degree pivots
- A disposition that is friendly, collegial, flexible, collaborative, and the ability to be comfortable in an individual contributor role
- Willingness and ability to travel
What would be helpful to have
- Experience drafting and negotiating SaaS agreements
- Mix of law firm and in-house legal experience
- Basic understanding of or willingness to learn about software development, cloud computing and SaaS
- Experience dealing with employment issues
What you get as a Yardi Employee
- A great place to work alongside fantastic people
- Ability to learn about and grow professionally while representing a successful growing technology company and its ancillary businesses
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits – Medical/dental, paid time off, sick time, paid holidays, 401(k), profit sharing, life insurance, and more!
- Annual compensation range $169,600 - $190,800
At Yardi, we’ve created a team of over 9,000 employees in over 40 locations around the globe dedicated to making great real estate software products and fostering a collaborative work environment. Yardi is a place where people with a wide variety of cultural and life experiences come together to make a difference. Our corporate culture stresses integrity, respect, trust, responsibility, and fun! Come join our growing team!
All submissions for open positions should be received through Yardi’s applicant portal, accessed from Yardi’s corporate website.