Yardi is a global software company providing innovative property management solutions and services in every real estate market. We are focused on providing our customers with superior products and outstanding customer service. We are passionate about technology and believe work should be fulfilling and fun! We are committed to our customers, employees and the communities where we live.
The Yardi legal department is looking for a paralegal to join our team!
What you will do
- Assists in-house attorneys and outside counsel with managing ongoing and threatened litigation, subpoenas, and discovery; performs new matter factual investigations; calendars and updates deadlines; coordinates legal holds; conducts factual research; assists with data identification and assembly projects
- Organizes and maintains electronic business and litigation files
- Responds to general requests from clients, vendors, and internal customers across various departments; manages requests in Yardi’s internal CRM system per established processes and procedures. Escalates complex requests to senior team members
- Assists with legal invoices; sets up outside counsel and other third-party relationships on Yardi’s eBilling system
- Monitors Westlaw alerts, industry and trade-group email alerts, and other external information services for regulatory developments that may impact key business operations, including tenant screening, utility billing, rental applications and leases, payment processing, privacy rules and regulations, and other compliance-related obligations
- Assists with processing external data security inquiries, non-disclosure agreement requests, certificate of insurance requests, and client and vendor contract review and management
- Organizes, completes, and maintains software license files (no software experience required)
- Other duties as assigned
What you need to have
- Associate’s degree or paralegal certification; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior relevant work experience, preferably as a corporate or law firm paralegal.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail, openness to feedback and direction
- Ability to stay organized, prioritize, manage time, and multitask in a deadline-driven environment
- Accountability for completing projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to work both independently and as a contributing team member
- Clear and concise oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft® Word, Outlook, Excel, and SharePoint
- Research and presentation skills
- Desire to learn and grow in the position
- Ability to work at assigned office location
What would be helpful to have
- Current (or willingness to obtain) Notary Public appointment
- Basic contract review and analysis experience
- Advanced Microsoft® Office Suite, Office365, and SharePoint experience, especially with Microsoft® Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Advanced Adobe® Acrobat Pro experience
What you get as a Yardi Employee
- A great place to work with fantastic people
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits – Medical/dental, paid time off, sick time, paid holidays, 401(k), profit sharing, life insurance, and more!
At Yardi, we’ve created a team of over 9,000 employees in over 40 locations around the globe dedicated to making great real estate software products and fostering a collaborative work environment. Yardi is a place where people with a wide variety of cultural and life experiences come together to make a difference. Our corporate culture stresses integrity, respect, trust, responsibility, and fun! Come join our growing team!
All submissions for open positions should be received through Yardi’s applicant portal, accessed from Yardi’s corporate website.