Santa Barbara, CA
About the Role:
We are seeking a highly motivated and organized Event Planner to join Yardi’s Events team! In this role, you will bring our vibrant culture and innovative spirit to life through meticulously planned, flawlessly executed events. This role is for a versatile and organized go-getter ready to take on tasks ranging from planning logistics for conferences and negotiating venue contracts to ensuring Yardi’s presence is felt and remembered in every event detail. You'll manage budgets with a sharp eye, ensuring every dollar spent maximizes value and drives ROI. With your finger on the pulse of industry trends, you'll keep our events fresh, exciting, and aligned with our brand values.
What You’ll Do:
- Plan event and conference logistics, including site selection, venue and sponsorship negotiation, event registration and entitlements, room-blocking, materials shipping, and promotion.
- Organize facilities and event details, including décor, catering, entertainment, transportation, audio/visual, promotional materials, and billing.
- Maintain the budget for each event and provide reporting on expenses and return on investment.
- Work with internal teams to schedule and manage marketing needs such as email schedules, messaging, branding, design, advertising, audience development, and event production.
- Cross-reference attendee lists with CRM data to support Sales staff and develop and execute on-site staffing plans for each event.
- Manage display booth setup, including preshow configuration, graphics and equipment, and tear down.
- Ensure compliance with legal, insurance, health, and safety obligations.
- Ensure event tools are used by Yardi attendees to capture lead and meeting details.
- Complete event performance reporting, including evaluations, report outcomes, sales lead follow-up, and provides stakeholder feedback to help guide future events.
- Manage conference class and class descriptions, ensuring RoboHead is updated accurately.
- Maintain master classroom schedule and uploads class information to Client Central and Events App
- Serve as store manager for Yardi online merchandise store by fulfilling and shipping orders, maintaining inventory of giveaways, and event related budgeting.
- National travel required up to 10–20% for meetings, events, forums, and site inspections.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Hospitality, or related field.
- Four plus (4+) years of experience in event planning including logistics, project management, and budgeting.
- Two plus (2+) years of experience in contract negotiation or trade event execution
- Two plus (2+) years high level hospitality experience is a plus.
- Proficiency with MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Outlook
- Proficiency using CRM systems.
- Ability to build strong cross-functional working relationships.
- Ability to multitask and adapt to changing priorities.
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High degree of professionalism
- Strategic thinker with ability to see the big picture.
Helpful to have:
- Knowledge of RoboHead project management tool
Real Estate runs on Yardi. About Us:
Yardi pioneers the property tech industry by seamlessly blending 40 years of tradition with forward-thinking innovation. We’ve created a team of over 9,000 employees in over 40 locations around the globe dedicated to making great real estate software products.
Discover the Yardi Difference:
At Yardi, we're more than a software company. We're committed to making a positive impact in our communities. Each year, the company distributes philanthropic aid to organizations selected by its employees. In 2022, our employees supported more than 350 nonprofits worldwide.
Our award-winning culture, consistently recognized by Glassdoor's prestigious "Best Place to Work", fosters support, collaboration, and growth. We prioritize your well-being with comprehensive benefits, including 100% paid employee medical premiums, company profit-sharing plan, and flexible work arrangements.
Join Yardi and be part of a company that empowers, inspires, and celebrates success. #YardiCulture #BestPlaceToWork #YardiCareers
$35/hr - $39.37/hr
All submissions for open positions should be received through Yardi’s applicant portal, accessed from Yardi’s corporate website.