The Software Development Engineer III will work on a tightly knit, cross functional dev team in a friendly open space. We are building an IoT solution for the multifamily market (apartment and condo buildings) to help get these units up to date with the latest tech available. Your primary focus will be on backend systems and microservices that work together to orchestrate operations across millions of devices. However, you will also have opportunities to contribute to other aspects of development and be expected to guide and mentor others.
Extensive experience in the following areas:
- Java, and associated toolchain: Junit, Maven, etc.
- REST-based microservices
- Distributed systems esp. with Akka and actors
- CQRS and Event Sourcing
- Docker, Kubernetes, Helm
- TDD and clean coding principles
- IoT development
- Device communication protocols (Z-Wave, Zigbee, BLE …)
- Prometheus, Grafana
- NATS, Redis, Varnish, Cassandra
- Security risk and vulnerability mitigation