Santa Barbara, CA
Yardi is a global software company providing innovative property management solutions and services in every real estate market. We are focused on providing our customers with superior products and outstanding customer service. We are passionate about technology and believe work should be fulfilling and fun! We are committed to our customers, employees and the communities where we live.
We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic team player with strong technical writing and editing skills to join our growing Corporate Training Team!
What you will do
- Use your strong editing skills to review and edit technical content
- Ensure proper template usage and compliance with the Microsoft Style Guide, the Yardi Documentation Handbook, and other applicable writing standards
- Develop and maintain a basic knowledge of Yardi products and services
- Review technical content for usability problems and inaccuracies, and ensure tone and complexity of content is appropriate for the target audience
- Modify the scope of edits with appropriate approval when needed
- Be part of a great team and collaborate with Training Team members across the U.S.
- Collaborate and contribute to discussions and internal training sessions about style, usage, and organization
- Draft new material and revise existing material for the Yardi Documentation Handbook and other standards documents
- Manage multiple projects and meet deadlines under changing conditions while also functioning as a collaborative team member
- Provide support and train writers and other team members about the editing and release process
What you need to have
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or related field
- Two (2) years of experience as a technical writer or technical editor, preferably in the software industry
- Experience managing projects with multiple contributors
- Ability to present edits and suggestions in a consistent and professional manner
- Intermediate level experience in web page design
- Advance proficiency with Adobe Acrobat, PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Self-motivated and self-directed, working both independently and collaboratively
- Quickly learns tools, processes, and standards
- Strong time-management skills for completing projects and adhering to deadlines
- Proven success meeting organizational goals and objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, organization and the ability to prioritize effectively
- Great people skills and the ability to be personable and professional
What would be helpful to have
- Degree or certification in technical editing, technical writing, content creation, or related discipline
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Style Guide or similar industry resource
What you get as a Yardi Employee
- A great place to work with fantastic people
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits – Medical/dental, paid time off, sick time, paid holidays, 401(k), profit sharing, life insurance, and more!
At Yardi, we’ve created a team of over 7,000 employees in over 40 locations around the globe dedicated to making great real estate software products and fostering a collaborative work environment. Yardi is a place where people with a wide variety of cultural and life experiences come together to make a difference. Our corporate culture stresses integrity, respect, trust, responsibility, and fun! Come join our growing team!