The Team Leader is responsible for a client base and support team of two to eight staff members, organized by market/product/function/size, and acts as the first escalation point to address client and employee needs. The Team Leader assigns and directs employee workloads and work schedules; provides direction, guidance, training, mentoring, and discipline to employees; uses discretion to address employee complaints and concerns; and, participates in and conducts performance reviews, salary actions, and job interviews. The Team Leader develops appropriate partnership relationships with clients and leverages relationships in order to identify additional needs and industry issues and feedback; uses discretionary power to ensure client satisfaction; participates in client conferences; assists with sales prospects as requested; and may host or participate in client focus groups. The Team Leader implements department goals and is responsible for contributing to the overall growth of the company.
Leadership and Team Development – Supervises and manages the workof team members to meet the needs of assigned clients by ensuring client and corporate deliverables are met. Coaches team members to improve their technology, product and industry knowledge; explains problem solving techniques; and provides guidance for communicating with clients. Assists local and remote team members in resolving escalated client issues, problems or requests. Makes and acts upon sound decisions and effectively leads difficult client communications. Ensures employee training and career needs are met, and that work schedules are honored. Communicates and assists team members in understanding their roles and responsibilities and establishing collaboration and teamwork. Encourages team members to look for opportunities for process simplification and improvements. Monitors individual and team performance metrics for opportunities of continuous improvement.
Client and or Project Management – Directs client support, issue resolution, and/or project management. Performs complex product implementation and conversion services for assigned clients; analyzes and interprets client operational needs and determines initial system configuration accordingly; and performs data mapping and conversion, user training, and other services to ensure successful software deployment. Uses positive influence with clients to effectively navigate sensitive client objections, communicate difficult messages (e.g., significant system changes, etc.), preemptively address potential client concerns, build sustaining alliances with clients, and influence positive outcomes through active counsel.
Performance Management – Communicates job expectations; plans, monitors, and appraises job results; coaches, counsels, and disciplines employees (in conjunction with Human Resource personnel); initiates, coordinates, and enforces Yardi policies, and procedures. Conducts regular on time performance appraisals of team members and conducts special appraisals as needed. Participates in the hiring and termination process in conjunction with leaders and Human Resources personnel.
Process and Support Evaluation – Leads and implements corporate initiatives and policies affecting the Yardi client base (e.g., system-wide upgrades for clients).
Special Projects – Performs special projects related to department processes, procedures, training and client support; and performs other Yardi duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer/Engineering Sciences or equivalent experience
- Four plus (4+) years of Network and Customer support experience
- Two (2) years of leadership, supervisory and/or project management experience
- Proven experience positively influencing clients, peers and management
- Proven experience independently managing and resolving a variety of client issues
- Proven experience mentoring, coaching and training other team members
- Demonstrates an ability to nurture a cooperative, team-oriented environment.
- Technical fluency in all the following areas: Microsoft operating systems, Linux Operating Systems, network configuration and operation, network and network component troubleshooting
- Industry expertise in configuring networks, VOIP, VLANS, switches, and other IT components
- Proven independent sound decision making and problem solving skills
- Proven excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven client-centered commitment and focus
- Proven strong ability to meet critical deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to manage projects with multiple touch points
- Collegial, team-oriented disposition with the desire and ability to establish cooperative working relationships with employees at all levels within Yardi, outside of Yardi, and with clients
- Thinks and acts strategically by visualizing new possibilities, challenging assumptions, and recommending the implementation of new ideas or strategies. Technical expertise in mobility and mobile devises
- Fluency in social media
- Related industry certifications a plus
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Work at assigned locations
- Up to 25% travel required
- Perform tasks for long periods of time on a computer and on the phone
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this job