The Associate Project Manager works with the Project Manager to lead and direct the planning, implementation, professional, and consultative services for a portfolio of strategic assigned Yardi clients to manage and utilize the business operations and financial accounting functions in Yardi’s Voyager software. The Associate Project Manager performs, or may direct a team that performs, complex software implementation; financial reporting accounting and business operations system navigation and customization; research, analysis and resolution of software issues; and product customization as dictated by client business operating practices. The Associate Project Manager may also lead and implement corporate initiatives and policies affecting the Yardi client base. The Associate Project Manager coaches, develops, and directs the skills of other employees working on assigned clients; leads large-scale client implementations; and performs on-site implementations with proficiency and professionalism.
Implementation and Systems Analysis – Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the Associate Project Manager will lead, manage and coordinate complex product implementation and conversion services for strategic assigned clients; analyzes and interprets client operational needs and determines initial system configuration accordingly; and performs data mapping and conversion, user training, and other services to ensure successful software deployment. Advises and institutes best practices relevant to clients in the application of Yardi products.
Software Management and Consultation –Performs, or may direct a team that performs, complex system and business process reviews and other services reviews to identify inefficient processes and makes sound recommendations for client productivity gains using Yardi software; and manages continued software integrations, maintenance, and updates in collaboration with clients. Researches, analyzes and resolves software functionality and reporting problems for clients. Uses positive influence with clients to effectively navigate sensitive client objections, communicate difficult messages (e.g., significant system changes, etc.), preemptively address potential client concerns, build sustaining alliances with clients, and influence positive outcomes through active counsel. Enlists support from other managers and peers to address complex client requests and resolve complex issues.
Process and Support Evaluation – Evaluates Company resources and software functionality in connection with prioritizing and responding to client requests; provides recommendations and informed direction to clients regarding ancillary products and services that align with client business and operational needs and goals.
Special Projects – Collaborates internally with analysts, designers, programmers, sales, and marketing with a focus on meeting client needs and maintaining high-level customer service standards; performs special projects related to department training and client support; and performs other Yardi duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Math, or Computer/Engineering Sciences or equivalent experience
- Two (2) years of product leadership or project management experience
- Proven experience working within and leading teams
- Proven planning and organizing skills
- Proven conflict management and negotiation skills
- Technical fluency in all of the following areas: Microsoft operating and network system operation, relational databases, and SQL/Oracle language
- Industry expertise in property management or coworking
- Understanding of general accounting principles
- Thinks and acts strategically by visualizing new possibilities, challenging assumptions, and recommending the implementation of new ideas or strategies
- Proven independent sound decision making and problem-solving skills
- Proven excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven client-centered commitment and focus
- Proven strong ability to meet critical deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to manage strategic projects with multiple touch points
- Collegial, team-oriented disposition with the desire and ability to establish cooperative working relationships with employees at all levels within Yardi, outside of Yardi, and with clients
- In depth knowledge of property management industry and Yardi’s competitors
- Technical expertise in mobility and mobile devises
- Fluency in social media
- General understanding or IT networking, systems, and functionality
- General understanding of Software as a Service product implementation and support