The Senior Voice and Data Technician is responsible for a variety of activities, but most importantly, assessing and troubleshooting the network infrastructure of our customers for all our features including our telephony service
- Provides hands-on technical assistance to Deployment Engineers and customers.
- Identifies network design issues and provides feedback and suggestions for resolution.
- Contribute to the improvement of network tools and systems used to support a variety of deployment tasks.
- Triage, analyze, and provide operational support in troubleshooting system configuration, hardware/software, firmware, and network related issues, while collaborating with appropriate internal teams.
- Responsible for staying updated on current Telecommunications, UC, Contact Centre, VoIP technologies and industry trends.
- Performing all duties while maintaining a positive attitude and commitment to strong customer service.
- Organization and planning; ability to understand and determine priorities, effectively manage time and develop work plans in order to accomplish tasks and/or projects.
- Judgment and decision making; ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Innovation and creativity; ability to generate and translate ideas, and adapt to change
- Teamwork; effectively participate and contribute as a member of a work group; ability to lead or follow others as appropriate in order to most effectively accomplish the goal or task at hand.
- Communication; ability to clearly organize and effectively convey information
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or Network Engineering equivalent and an understanding of related activities as would normally be acquired from a minimum of (8) eight years of increasingly responsible related work experience in the assigned function preferred.
- Proven record of designing, troubleshooting, operating and improving
- Complex national large enterprise networks.
- Large regional, national, or international carrier-grade SIP VoIP networks.
- Large regional, national, or international Internet backbone or IP service provider access networks * Expertise in TCP/IP networking (including LAN, WAN and WLAN).
- Savvy understanding of telephony, network, and routing protocols - SIP, T1, PRO, RTP, RTCP, DNS, DHCP, DSCP, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP.
- Expertise in SIP & VoIP systems.
- Must have recent hands-on technical experience conducting troubleshooting to solve installation and break/fix issues associated with Voice and/or Video over IP products and integrating these components within heterogeneous network environments involving legacy PBX systems and the PSTN.
- Must have experience reviewing Ethernet packet captures (e.g. tcpdump, Ethereal, Wireshark), studying network traffic flows and reading interface statistics to identify network connectivity and performance problems affecting Voice over IP communications.
- Experience modifying firewall rule sets and/or effectively communicating firewall rule changes to ensure multimedia applications are capable of successfully traversing across firewalls is a plus.
- Able to create and modify security policies on routers, switches, and firewalls.
A thorough understanding and hands-on working knowledge of carrier-grade VoIP infrastructure, specifically:
- Significant hosted PBXs platforms.
- End point devices (Polycom, Cisco SPA and ATA, etc.) * Strong hands-on working knowledge of Redhat Linux firewall configuration, and cisco as well as allied switches.