Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Under general supervision, the Software Development Engineer II designs, develops, debugs, tests and implements small to medium software enhancements. Responsibilities include correcting defects in existing applications and reports; documenting defect resolutions; and presenting implementation details.
- Modifies and maintains existing applications to established standards, specifications and approved changes. Performs maintenance programming for existing versions. Uses corporate approved CRM systems to track cases, defects and resolutions. Presents implementation details to small internal groups. Uses corporate approved integrated development environment (e.g., Visual Studios, Eclipse).
- Performs and initiates unit testing of enhancements with the internal groups to ensure accuracy, integrity, interoperability and completeness to achieve desired results. Analyzes and documents reasons for test failure, and revises/debugs assigned programs and/or procedures as necessary.
- Uses corporate approved sourced control applications (e.g., Microsoft Team Foundations) to maintain code changes.
- Uses corporate approved reporting tools, (e.g., SSRS, Crystal Report Writer, Microsoft Office or Adobe Acrobat) to create or modify reports.
- Learns and demonstrates in depth knowledge of a single domain. Understands application and uses standards. Expands technical and industry expertise.
- Adhere to Department policies, procedures and standards in the development and implementation of software.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer/Engineering Science or equivalent experience
- Two (2) to five (5) years of experience using VB.NET or SQL (or equivalent programming tools) in an application development environment
- Independent problem solving and analysis skills
- Clear, effective verbal and written communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Ability to meet critical deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Collegial, team-oriented disposition with the desire and ability to establish cooperative working relationships with employees at all levels within Yardi, outside of Yardi, and with clients
- Familiarity with one of the following computer programming language (VB.NET, Java, Java Script, C#) is desired
- Experience with relationship databases (SQL Server, Oracle) is desired
- Experience with accounting systems is desired
- Experience with Web applications is desired
- Understanding of property management industry is desired
- Regular attendance and a regular work schedule is an essential function of this job