New York, NY
Yardi is a global software company providing innovative property management solutions and services in every real estate market. We are focused on providing our customers with superior products and outstanding customer service. We are passionate about technology and believe work should be fulfilling and fun! We are committed to our customers, employees and the communities where we live.
We are looking for a highly detailed, self-motivated team player to develop and edit content for Commercial Property Executive and Multi-Housing News!
What you will do
- Write and edit CPE and MHN trend stories and features
- Work with writers to help them develop sources and angles
- Generate and develop ideas, leads, and sources for content and products
- Manage assigned newsletters, reports, and other projects (keyword articles, Q&As, etc.)
- Assist with training and development of less-experienced writers and editors
- May manage a group of editorial members as a process lead, including professional development on an individual and task-driven group basis, as well as day-to-day supervision
- Work with other Publishing team managers in New York and Cluj to develop staff, projects, and products
- Travel to events to represent CPE and MHN, covering the events through tweets, written stories, video, and audio interviews for web sites
- Network at events by scheduling meetings with key individuals, conducting roundtables or audio/podcasts, and meeting with local executives
What you need to have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or related field
- Four plus (4+) years of professional experience reporting, writing, or editing for trade or consumer websites, newspapers, or magazines
- Detail oriented, with an eye for errors and red flags and the initiative to question them
- Professional demeanor
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Excellent research skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Proven ability to manage projects independently and meet deadlines
- Ability to lead and work as part of a team
- Customer service oriented
What would be helpful to have
- Knowledge of business, finance, or real estate preferred
What you get as a Yardi Employee
- A great place to work with fantastic people
- Ability to learn new technology and develop professionally
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits – Medical/dental, paid time off, sick time, paid holidays, 401(k), profit sharing, life insurance, and more!
At Yardi, we’ve created a team of over 7,000 employees in over 40 locations around the globe dedicated to making great real estate software products and fostering a collaborative work environment. Yardi is a place where people with a wide variety of cultural and life experiences come together to make a difference. Our corporate culture stresses integrity, respect, trust, responsibility, and fun! Come join our growing team!
All submissions for open positions should be received through Yardi’s applicant portal, accessed from Yardi’s corporate website.