New York, NY
The Associate Data Acquisition Specialist is responsible for researching, acquiring, manipulating and analyzing data to provide support for report developers and Data Acquisition Specialists. Must possess the ability to work both independently and as part of a team and quickly learn new technologies and processes. Proficiency is Microsoft Office Suite as well as navigation and searching the web is a requirement for the Associate Data Acquisition Specialist position.
- Process acquired data by assuring that all data requested is received; analyze data files as well as summarizing the content and uploading for processing.
- Provide support for report developers and Data Acquisition Specialists.
- Collect foreclosure notice data by locating public record notices in newspapers and scanning the notices for the offshore data entry team.
- Must be extremely organized and have high attention to detail.
- Attend weekly auctions in the New York area (Brooklyn, Queens).
- Update and add to the internal wiki-based and web-based knowledge repositories.
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be familiar with complex databases and comfortable using technology to gather information for reports, etc.
EDUCATION/ESSENTIAL SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Able to type a minimum of 35 words per minute
- Detailed oriented, precise and thorough
- Team oriented, motivated and quality driven
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Associate’s degree/some college
- Advanced knowledge or certificate of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in researching public records, FOIA, FOIL or real estate data