Santa Barbara, CA
Under general supervision, the Web Designer is responsible for the visual design, information architecture and UX analysis of existing and new web-based applications, public portals and marketing websites. The Web Designer partners with Development staff regarding the style approach for projects and to resolve cross-platform functionality and usability issues for all HTML related front-end and marketing pages.
- Performs usability tests on UI/UX design.
- Ensures cross-browser compatibility.
- Provides expert design advice on projects and makes recommendations for improving web sites.
- Creates marketing sites and graphic designs.
- Creates wireframes, rapid prototypes, user interfaces, and comp designs.
- Designs layout and templates for maximum usability and with focus on user experience.
- Fulfills multiple project requests while simultaneously meeting tight production deadlines.
- Leverages the existing framework and technology.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or UI Design or related degree
- Three (3) to four (4) years of web design experience
- Excellent on-line portfolio of design samples
- Experience with User Interface Design
- Advanced knowledge of responsive design
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Self-motivated, disciplined, and able to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to apply learn new technologies and integrate them into our environment and practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Familiarity with backend/CMS application
- Familiarity with iOS and Android application design