Santa Barbara, CA
The SEO/SEM specialist listens to and understands client’s marketing strategy, goals, and requirements. They will lead the tactical implementation and optimization of our clients’ SEO efforts. This includes on-page optimizations on our client business websites, administering SEO related services such as Top 10 Directory Listings, Google Analytics training, and SEO consultations and report building for clients. This person will be responsible for leading client calls and discussing monthly reports, including fluctuations in traffic, conversions, and defining next steps. The specialist must also understand and be able to speak to paid search efforts and results. While they do not need to manage the day to day execution of ad campaigns, they are the client facing representative and must be comfortable discussing both SEO and paid search results and strategies. They will educate other team members on SEO/SEM, advocate for SEO/SEM best practices and help implement strategic plans to grow client sites. They will be expected to continually develop, adhere to, improve and update SEO standards and apply those techniques. This is a client facing role and requires regular client interaction and reporting. Content creation experience a plus. The ability to think on your toes and lead clients toward possible solutions is critical to success in this position.
Duties will include:
- Developing strong customer relationships. This role often interacts with key strategic partners and is responsible for listening to and understanding client needs.
- Responsible for SEO implementation, project management, monthly reporting, and site audits.
- Product Training.
- Intermediate to Advanced SEO knowledge. We will provide training on our standards and processes. Understands technical SEO principles.
- Understanding of how to use data from Google Analytics and Google Search Console to adjust marketing strategy.
- Experience with modern content manage systems.
- Basic to intermediate experience with AdWords and ability to discuss strategies and ROAS.
- Must be a team player with a desire to contribute to growth of the group’s knowledge.
- Ability to communicate across teams in a friendly and cooperative manner. This is a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to think strategically and recommend SEO initiatives in order to maximize ROI.
- Regular attendance and a regular work schedule is an essential function of this job