Under immediate supervision, the Software Development Engineer I analyzes, modifies and debugs existing applications. Responsibilities also include testing, communicating and implementing defect resolutions.
- Modifies, implements, and maintains an existing application to established standards, specifications and approved changes. Performs maintenance programming for existing versions. Uses corporate approved CRM systems to track cases, defects and resolutions. Explains defect resolutions to the Team Leader. Uses corporate approved integrated development environment (e.g., Visual Studios, Eclipse) to implement defect resolutions.
- Performs unit testing on his/her defect resolutions to ensure accuracy, integrity, interoperability and completeness to achieve desired results. Analyzes and documents reasons for test failures, and revises/debugs assigned programs and/or procedures as necessary.
- Learns and increases knowledge of a single domain and best practices. Expands technical and industry expertise.
- Uses corporate approved sourced control applications (e.g., Microsoft Team Foundations) to maintain code changes.
- Adheres to Department policies, procedures and standards in the development and implementation of software.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer/Engineering Science or equivalent experience
- Independent problem solving and analysis skills
- Clear, effective verbal and written communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Ability to meet critical deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Collegial, team-oriented disposition with the desire and ability to establish cooperative working relationships with employees at all levels within Yardi, outside of Yardi, and with clients
DESIRED SKILLS/ABILITIES (One or more of the following)
- Familiarity with one of the following computer programming language (VB.NET, Java, Java Script, C#)
- Experience with relationship databases (SQL Server, Oracle)
- Experience with accounting systems
- Experience with Web applications
- Understanding of property management industry