Under immediate supervision, the Public Records Analyst I performs tenant screening services for property owner/manager clients using multiple resources to screen an applicant’s public records history including criminal and civil courts data.
SCHEDULE: Tuesday – Saturday 11:30am – 8pm
*Training hours will be Monday – Friday 10:00 am – 6:30 pm*
- Performs and processes applicant background searches for resident screening (e.g., criminal, civil, state and others) utilizing in-house applications and internet web sites.
- Reviews, analyzes and filters variable record types and applies client criteria with high degree of accuracy and efficiency.
- Records applicable screening results within designated system databases using departmental procedures.
- Handles custom requests and manages any vendor related emails and correspondence specific to the custom process (i.e. Massachusetts CORI & Georgia GCIC searches).
- Follows client specific procedures.
- Communicates with other departments regarding search results and policy issues.
- Performs other Public Records projects and tasks on an as needed basis.
- 4 -year college degree or equivalent work experience where attention to detail and accuracy is paramount
- Education in Criminal Justice preferred
- Criminal court, police department, or probation department internships are a plus
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Excellent data entry skills
- Ability to retain information easily and consistently
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Professional phone demeanor skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work swiftly and accurately once trained
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently
- Open to undertaking additional job responsibilities
- Flexible and works harmoniously with others to get the job done
- Knowledge of the criminal justice system, criminal records and landlord/tenant civil records
- Two years of related experience to include exposure to research, record keeping, data entry and/or data integrity.