Under general supervision, the Customer Service Representative II for Vendor Compliance is responsible for responding to inbound vendor inquiries via telephone, web and email communications. Responsibilities include guiding vendors through the Vendor Compliance process; providing administrative support; explaining the dispute process; responding to vendor inquiries, problems and questions; resolving vendor problems through research and troubleshooting; and documenting vendor communications within the company’s CRM system. The Vendor Service Representative II has additional lead responsibilities that include welcoming new clients; facilitating trainings; job shadowing new hires and teammates; suggesting system enhancements and process improvements.
- Answers vendor inquiries by clarifying desired information; researching, locating, and providing information.
- Resolves vendor problems by clarifying issues; researching and exploring answers and alternative solutions; implementing solutions; escalating unresolved problems.
- Mentors new hires and teammates through job shadowing and training.
- Offers and is available to answer questions and assist other employees.
- Escalates outages to IT.
- Coordinates and facilitates client trainings as needed.
- Looks for and suggests ways to improve systems, processes and procedures.
- Records vendor interactions, details of inquiries, complaints or comments, as well as actions taken within the company’s CRM system.
- Meets company-established customer service standards for service (e.g., first call resolution).
- Achieves productivity standards while maintaining the highest level of customer service (e.g., meets or exceeds all departmental goals).
- Handles vendor calls efficiently, effectively and professionally when responding to vendors’ requests and challenging vendor situations or responses.
- Understands and complies with company Vendor Compliance practices, safeguards, policies and legal compliance regulations.
- Escalates unresolved vendor questions, issues or complaints to appropriate individual(s) for quick resolution.
- Follows-up to ensure appropriate action is taken to resolve outstanding vendors' inquiries or problems.
- Processes Vendor Compliance interactions such as email and re-evaluations.
- Uses computer systems to track, gather information, and/or troubleshoot vendor issues.
- 2-year college degree or equivalent experience
- Three plus (3+) years of vendor service, and/or related work experience or education
- Two plus (2+) years of Vendor Compliance experience
- Experience using a vendor service (“CRM”) or sales database system
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional phone demeanor skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proven ability to meet critical deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills