Santa Ana, CA
As a Customer Service Representative I, you will be responsible for responding to inbound customer inquiries via telephone, web and email communications. You will be guiding customers through the resident screening process by providing administrative support (e.g., resetting passwords), explaining the dispute process, processing re-evaluations, resolving customer problems through research and troubleshooting, and documenting customer communications within the company’s CRM system. You will also respond to frequently requested customer inquiries, problems, and general questions.
Additionally, this full time, entry level Customer Service Representative I will focus on contacting applicants’ prior landlords and/or employers to confirm past rental and employment history, and then compiling the information into a complete and comprehensive report to return to our client. Also, this person will be responsible for handling online and fax requests from clients, entering them into our system for processing and generating and mailing adverse action letters.
Schedules: Monday- Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm PST
- Answer customer inquiries by clarifying desired information, researching, locating, and providing information.
- Resolve customer problems by clarifying issues, researching and exploring answers and alternative solutions, implementing solutions and escalating unresolved problems.
- Record customer interactions, details of inquiries, complaints or comments, as well as actions taken within the company’s CRM system.
- Handle customer calls efficiently, effectively and professionally when responding to customers’ requests and challenging customer situations or responses.
- Understand and complies with company resident screening practices, safeguards, policies and legal compliance regulations.
Follow-up to ensure appropriate action is taken to resolve outstanding customers' inquiries or problems.
- Meet company-established customer service standards for service (e.g., first call resolution).
- Achieve productivity standards while maintaining the highest level of customer service (e.g., meets or exceeds all departmental goals).
- Escalate unresolved customer questions, issues or complaints to appropriate individual(s) for quick resolution.
- Process resident screening interactions such as email and re-evaluations.
- Use computer systems to track and gather information and/or troubleshoot customer issues.
- Handle a high volume of outbound telephone duties.
- Fax and email vendors and/or clients to resolve issues.
- Communicate with our end users to verify information.
- Print files and mails letters.
- 2 year college degree or equivalent experience
- 2 year minimum experience in direct customer service
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional phone demeanor skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to meet critical deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Excellent data entry skills with attention to speed and detail
- Proven ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with other staff
- Above average computer skills and aptitude for learning new applications
- Ability to manage discreet and sensitive information
- Regular attendance and a regular work schedule is an essential function of this job
Experience using a customer service (“CRM”) or sales database system