Under immediate supervision, the Customer Service Representative I for Vendor Compliance is responsible for responding to inbound vendor inquiries via telephone, web and email communications. Responsibilities include guiding vendors through the Vendor Compliance process; providing administrative support, resolving vendor problems through research and troubleshooting; and documenting communications within the company’s CRM system. The Customer Service Representative I in Vendor Compliance responds to frequently requested vendor inquiries, problems and general questions.
- Answers vendor inquiries by clarifying desired information; researching, locating, and providing information.
- Resolves vendor problems by clarifying issues; researching and exploring answers and alternative solutions; implementing solutions; escalating unresolved problems.
- Records vendor interactions, details of inquiries, complaints or comments, as well as actions taken within the company’s CRM system.
- Meets company-established standards for service (e.g., first call resolution).
- Achieves productivity standards while maintaining the highest level of customer service (e.g., meets or exceeds all departmental goals).
- Handles vendor calls efficiently, effectively and professionally when responding to vendors’ requests and challenging vendor situations or responses.
- Understands and complies with company Vendor Compliance practices, safeguards, policies and legal compliance regulations.
- Escalates unresolved vendor questions, issues or complaints to appropriate individual(s) for quick resolution.
- Follows-up to ensure appropriate action is taken to resolve outstanding vendors' inquiries or problems.
- Processes Vendor Compliance interactions such as email and re-evaluations.
- Uses computer systems to track, gather information, and/or troubleshoot vendor issues.
- 2-year college degree or equivalent experience
- 2-year minimum experience in direct vendor service
- Demonstrates excellent telephone and written communication skills
- Experience using a vendor service (“CRM”) or sales database system
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional phone demeanor skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to meet critical deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Regular attendance and a regular work schedule is an essential function of this job