As a Customer Service Representative I, you will be responsible for responding to inbound customer inquiries via telephone and email communications. You will be guiding customers through the resident screening process by providing administrative support (e.g., resetting passwords), explaining the dispute process, processing re-evaluations, resolving customer problems through research and troubleshooting, and documenting customer communications within the company’s CRM system. You will also respond to frequently requested customer inquiries, problems, and general questions.
- Answer customer inquiries by clarifying desired information, researching, locating, and providing information.
- Resolve customer problems by researching and exploring answers and alternative solutions, implementing solutions and escalating unresolved problems.
- Document customer interactions with details of inquiries, as well as actions taken within the company’s CRM system.
- Handle customer calls efficiently, effectively and professionally when responding to customers’ requests and challenging customer situations or responses.
- Understand and comply with company resident screening practices, safeguards, policies and legal compliance regulations.
- Meet company-established customer service standards for service (e.g., first call resolution).
- Achieve productivity standards while maintaining the highest level of customer service (e.g., meets or exceeds all departmental goals).
- Escalate unresolved customer questions, issues or complaints to appropriate individual(s) for quick resolution.
- Use computer systems to track and gather information and/or troubleshoot customer issues.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional phone demeanor skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to meet critical deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Excellent data entry skills with attention to speed and detail
- Proven ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with other staff
- Above average computer skills and aptitude for learning new applications
- Ability to manage discreet and sensitive information
- Proven ability to utilize training and job aids to quickly answer customer questions or resolve problems
- Regular attendance and a regular work schedule is an essential function of this job
- 2-year college degree or equivalent experience
- 2 years minimum customer support or customer facing experience
- Experience using a customer service (“CRM”) system