The Application Specialist provides systems support and consultation on the integration and application of Yardi software for a defined portfolio of clients. The Application Specialist is the software application(s) knowledge expert responsible for navigating and customizing financial reporting accounting and business operating systems; researching, analyzing and resolving software issues; and product customization as dictated by client business operating practices.
- Consults with and provides direction to software end-users; assists end-users with the day to day operation of system software including financial reporting, accounting, and daily business operations.
- Serves as a knowledge expert resource for specific user application(s) and as such is the point of escalation for many application specific issues.
- Identifies ongoing application systems issues for assigned applications and initiates the communication of revisions and best practices.
- Performs system, business and end-user process reviews to identify inefficiencies and makes sound recommendations to clients and end-users that enable improved productivity
- Provides recommendations and informed direction to clients regarding ancillary products and services that may align with client business and operational needs and goals.
- Works with clients and end-users to manage software integrations, perform system maintenance, and implement product updates.
- Collaborates internally with analysts, designers, programmers, sales, and marketing with a focus on meeting client needs and maintaining high-level customer service standards
- Advises and institutes best practices relevant to clients in the application of Yardi products
- Performs special projects related to department training and client support; and performs other CSD duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Math, or Computer/Engineering Sciences or equivalent experience in the property management industry
- Two (2) years of Yardi domain experience and/or has demonstrated an ability to independently manage and resolve a variety of Yardi client issues and requests
- Proven experience efficiently and effectively resolving multiple Yardi client issues
- Understanding of property management industry and best practices
- Independent sound decision making and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Client-centered commitment and focus
- Basic competence in some of the following areas: Microsoft operating and network system operation, Relational databases, and SQL/Oracle language
- Working knowledge of accounting practices
- Ability to meet critical deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Collegial, team-oriented disposition with the desire and ability to establish cooperative working relationships with employees at all levels within Yardi, outside of Yardi, and with clients
- Understanding of project management preferred
- Ability to configure and manage networks and peripherals preferred
- Experience with HTML/Cloud Services preferred
- Regular attendance and a regular work schedule is an essential function of this job