Yardi is a global software company providing innovative property management solutions and services in every real estate market. We are focused on providing our customers with superior products and outstanding customer service. We are passionate about technology and believe work should be fulfilling and fun! We are committed to our customers, employees and the communities where we live.
We are looking for an experienced, highly effective team player to work in a lead role in Accounts Receivable for Yardi’s Resident Screening Team!
What you will do
- Use your expertise in Accounts Receivable and provide guidance and assistance to a small team on departmental functions and prioritization of duties
- Use your tech savvy to collaborate with the department manager and other internal departments to support an accounting system conversion
- Take the lead – handle monthly billing and close cycle, including cash reconciliations, posting payments and journal entries
- Teach and mentor new staff members in accounting procedures and systems
- Use your customer centric focus to monitor billing line/emails and assist with more complex client issues and disputes
- Manage collection efforts among staff and set monthly goals to reduce DSO
- Monitor cash applications for accuracy and process any needed corrections
- Reconcile client accounts – review overpayments and requests for refunds prior to submission for manager approval
- Use your high attention to detail to ensure accurate up-to-date client profiles for billing/collections and documentation of procedures
- Take initiative – identify process improvements and propose solutions to management
- Be part of a great team and help motivate and mentor team members
What you need to have
- Associate’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field
- 5-7 years of Accounts Receivable and/or general accounting experience
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office software, with a focus on Excel
- Awesome written and verbal communication skills
- Phenomenal customer service skills and desire to go the extra mile
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritize effectively
- High comfort level analyzing and problem-solving issues
- Great people skills and the ability to motivate and inspire others
- Flexibility, and the ability to manage changing priorities
What would be nice to have
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field
What you get as a Yardi Employee
- A great place to work with fantastic people
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits – Medical/dental, paid time off, sick time, paid holidays, 401(k), profit sharing, life insurance, and more!
At Yardi, we’ve created a team of over 7,000 employees in over 40 locations around the globe dedicated to making great real estate software products and fostering a collaborative work environment. Yardi is a place where people with a wide variety of cultural and life experiences come together to make a difference. Our corporate culture stresses integrity, respect, trust, responsibility, and fun! Come join our growing team!