The Customer Service Representative I, is responsible for heavy inbound and outbound customer inquiries via telephone, web and email communications. Responsibilities include guiding customers through the resident screening process; providing administrative support (e.g., resetting passwords); explaining the dispute process; processing re-evaluations; resolving customer problems through research and troubleshooting; and documenting customer communications within the company’s CRM system. The Customer Service Representative I responds to frequently requested customer inquiries, problems and general questions.
** Hours are: Tuesday - Friday, 9:00am-5:30pm and Saturday 9:30am-6:00pm **
- Answers customer inquiries by clarifying desired information; researching, locating, and providing information.
- Resolves customer problems by clarifying issues; researching and exploring answers and alternative solutions; implementing solutions; escalating unresolved problems.
- Records customer interactions, details of inquiries, complaints or comments, as well as actions taken within the company’s CRM system.
- Meets company-established customer service standards for service (e.g., first call resolution).
- Achieves productivity standards while maintaining the highest level of customer service (e.g., meets or exceeds all departmental goals).
- Handles customer calls efficiently, effectively and professionally when responding to customers’ requests and challenging customer situations or responses.
- Understands and complies with company resident screening practices, safeguards, policies and legal compliance regulations.
- Escalates unresolved customer questions, issues or complaints to appropriate individual(s) for quick resolution.
- Follows-up to ensure appropriate action is taken to resolve outstanding customers' inquiries or problems.
- Processes resident screening interactions such as email and re-evaluations.
- Uses computer systems to track, gather information, and/or troubleshoot customer issues.
- 2 year college degree or equivalent experience
- 2 year minimum experience in direct customer service
- Demonstrates excellent telephone and written communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional phone demeanor skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to meet critical deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Experience using a customer service (“CRM”) or sales database system
- Regular attendance and a regular work schedule is an essential function of this job