Yardi is a global software company providing innovative property management solutions and services in every real estate market. We are focused on providing our customers with superior products and outstanding customer service. We are passionate about technology and believe work should be fulfilling and fun! We are committed to our customers, employees and the communities where we live.
We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic team players with great research and support skills to work on Yardi’s Consumer Relations Team!
What you will do
- Use your ability to follow processes to manage consumer disputes accurately and efficiently from initiation through resolution while adhering to established policies, Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) regulations, and dispute resolution time frames
- Adhere to strict timelines and handle dispute acknowledgment notifications within five days of receiving initial dispute requests
- Prepare, complete, and communicate investigation results within thirty days of consumer dispute requests
- Review consumer dispute reports, make sound judgments regarding content, gather supporting documentation, and determine appropriate action
- Communicate effectively with the consumer, understand concerns, and apply details to application results
- Use your high attention to detail to document actions taken throughout the consumer dispute process
- Prioritize dispute cases to effectively manage caseload and ensure files are reviewed and processed within the required time frame
- Utilize multiple systems, reports, and resources to facilitate the dispute process, including referencing credit information and public records
- Manually review results of disputed information and update consumer reports accordingly
- Notify appropriate credit bureaus and applicable vendors of consumer disputes
- Understand and comply with FCRA regarding consumer dispute processing regulations
- Maintains knowledge of Yardi’s Resident Screening product and processes
- Follow all outlined procedures regarding confidentiality and verification of sensitive consumer information
- Be part of a great team and collaborate with team members to help each other achieve success
What you need to have
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- One to two (1-2) years of experience in a legal or regulatory compliance position
- Awesome written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and Outlook
- Phenomenal customer service skills and desire to go the extra mile
- Excellent attention to detail, organization, and the ability to prioritize effectively
- A love for details and accuracy!
- Professional phone demeanor and strong follow through
- Great people skills and the ability to be personable and professional
- Knowledge of the FCRA or other consumer rights processes
- Knowledge of credit reports and civil and criminal record terminology
What would be helpful to have
- Experience working as a paralegal
- Experience using a customer relationship management (“CRM”) or sales database system
What you get as a Yardi Employee
- A great place to work with fantastic people
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits – Medical/dental, paid time off, sick time, paid holidays, 401(k), profit sharing, life insurance, and more!
At Yardi, we’ve created a team of over 7,000 employees in over 40 locations around the globe dedicated to making great real estate software products and fostering a collaborative work environment. Yardi is a place where people with a wide variety of cultural and life experiences come together to make a difference. Our corporate culture stresses integrity, respect, trust, responsibility, and fun! Come join our growing team!