The Project Manager leads and directs the planning, implementation, professional, and consultative services for a portfolio of strategic assigned Yardi clients to manage and utilize the business operations and financial accounting functions in Yardi’s Voyager software. The Project Manager performs, or may direct a team that performs, complex software implementation; financial reporting accounting and business operations system navigation and customization; research, analysis and resolution of software issues; and product customization as dictated by client business operating practices. The Project Manager may also lead and implement corporate initiatives and policies affecting the Yardi client base. The Project Manager coaches, develops, and directs the skills of other employees working on assigned clients; leads large-scale client implementations; and performs on-site implementations with proficiency and professionalism.
- Implementation and Systems Analysis – Leads, manages and coordinates complex product implementation and conversion services for strategic assigned clients; analyzes and interprets client operational needs and determines initial system configuration accordingly; and performs data mapping and conversion, user training, and other services to ensure successful software deployment. Advises and institutes best practices relevant to clients in the application of Yardi products.
- Software Management and Consultation –Performs, or may direct a team that performs, complex system and business process reviews and other services reviews to identify inefficient processes and makes sound recommendations for client productivity gains through the use of Yardi software; and manages continued software integrations, maintenance, and updates in collaboration with clients. Researches, analyzes and resolves software functionality and reporting problems for clients. Uses positive influence with clients to effectively navigate sensitive client objections, communicate difficult messages (e.g., significant system changes, etc.), preemptively address potential client concerns, build sustaining alliances with clients, and influence positive outcomes through active counsel. Enlists support from other managers and peers to address complex client requests and resolve complex issues.
- Leadership and Professional Development Coaching – Creates a vision for a project and inspires a team to achieve project goals. The Project Manager facilitates the definition of project scope, goals and tracks project deliverables. Makes and acts upon sound decisions and effectively leads difficult client communications. Communicates and assists team members in understanding their roles and responsibilities and establishing collaboration and teamwork. Develops the skills of other employees; shares technology, product, and industry knowledge; explains problem solving techniques; and provides guidance for communicating with clients.
- Process and Support Evaluation – Evaluates Company resources and software functionality in connection with prioritizing and responding to client requests; provides recommendations and informed direction to clients regarding ancillary products and services that align with client business and operational needs and goals.
- Special Projects – Collaborates internally with analysts, designers, programmers, sales, and marketing with a focus on meeting client needs and maintaining high-level customer service standards; performs special projects related to department training and client support; and performs other Yardi duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Math, or Computer/Engineering Sciences or equivalent experience in the property management industry
- Four plus (4+) years of Yardi domain experience
- Two (2) years of leadership, supervisory and/or project management experience
- Proven experience in team building and leading people
- Proven planning and organizing skills
- Proven experience in strategic planning
- Proven conflict management and negotiation skills
- Technical fluency in all of the following areas: Microsoft operating and network system operation, relational databases, and SQL/Oracle language
- Industry expertise in property management and accounting principles
- Thinks and acts strategically by visualizing new possibilities, challenging assumptions, and recommending the implementation of new ideas or strategies
- Proven independent sound decision making and problem solving skills
- Proven excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven client-centered commitment and focus
- Proven strong ability to meet critical deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to manage strategic projects with multiple touch points
- Collegial, team-oriented disposition with the desire and ability to establish cooperative working relationships with employees at all levels within Yardi, outside of Yardi, and with clients
- In depth knowledge of property management industry and Yardi’s competitors
- Technical expertise in mobility and mobile devises
- Fluency in social media
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Ability to work at assigned office location
- Up to 50% travel required
- Attend meetings and perform tasks for long periods of time on a computer and on the telephone
- Regular attendance and a regular work schedule is an essential function of this job