Yardi’s Energy business unit supports the energy initiatives of our real estate clients with solutions for utility billing, energy management and submeter data administration. The Field Technician will Travel the Greater Atlanta region to perform maintenance and installation of water and gas meters, as well as automated meter reading systems, at various client properties throughout the Greater Atlanta area. The Field Technician will ensure that projects are completed accurately and in a timely manner. This position will normally work independently, but with the support of an extensive network of resources and assistance, including an initial training period of 2-4 weeks.
- Establish and ensure compliance with quality control standards for installation, maintenance, monitoring of remote dial-up systems, reading assessments, and meter reading.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA regulations during installation/maintenance operations (i.e. ensure use of hard-hats and steel toed boots always while on new construction job sites, etc.).
- Oversee and perform system installations and maintenance.
- Keep job folder/files on each project with all the appropriate documentation.
- Review installation and maintenance reports and documentation relevant to the project: scope of work, site plans, and meter health audits, work orders, etc.
- Adhere to installations schedules pre-determined and set forth by your Coordinator, the client, and available resources (product and labor).
- Ensure all devices are operating properly prior to leaving the job site.
- Submit to your Coordinator complete and updated documentation corresponding to each maintenance and installation performed. All paperwork to be submitted at the end of each day on work completed.
- Maintenance and installation documentation to include but not limited to: Building Installation Details (BID), Completed MWO, Inventory Logs, Placed in Service Notices (PISN), Time Record Sheet (TRS), AMR system programming files, etc.
- Perform property surveys for new sales opportunities and/ or where installation was performed by a company other than Yardi Systems Inc.
- Ensure all survey documentation is complete and submitted accordingly.
- Prepare and submit recommendations and scope of work as applicable for site surveys performed. Assist in obtaining subcontractor quotes and permit fees information as applicable
- Maintain accurate inventory records and submit documentation for inventory movements/activity
- Comply with all company policies, procedures, and standardized processes.
- Train peers as necessary or directed by Team Coordinator/Field Supervisor/Management
- Participate in scheduled training activities and company meetings as directed.
- Maintaining and completing weekly company expense report(s).
- Perform all other tasks as assigned for the successful operation of the region.
EDUCATION/ESSENTIAL SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE
- High school Diploma or G.E.D. with a minimum of 3 years Technical/ trades experience
- Knowledge of metering and experience with the various major AMR technologies preferred
- PC literate (MS Office, Word, Excel).
- Site Supervisor skills preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and availability for extensive overnight travel within and outside account territory during normal work week.
- Experience in plumbing or electrical work preferred
- Must take all required safety courses as identified by the company.
- Work up to 10 hours of overtime a week if necessary. Over time must be pre-approved by Supervisor.
- The ability to work in a dynamic environment, with a flexible schedule with up to 100% travel in the Greater Atlanta area.
- Ability to lift up to 50 Pounds