Colorado Springs, CO
This role provides project leadership, management and oversight of projects within the Field Services Organization within Yardi Energy. Projects vary depending on size and scope and will require flexibility and may require tailored project management solutions. This position handles communication with key stakeholders and subject matter experts to ensure successful project execution. This role will also include direct interaction with a broad range of senior, technical and functional management and subject matter experts throughout Yardi Energy.
**Up to 50% travel required**
- Review site plans including one line and riser diagrams, panel schedules, to produce bill of materials and cost estimates
- Work across multiple teams and vendors to finalize and create hardware and installation proposals
- Research real time metering and IoT (Internet of Things) equipment pricing, compatibility and application using vendor spec sheets/documents, local agency requirements and project conditions.
- Request, review, and evaluate subcontractor and supplier quotes/pricing and negotiate pricing when applicable. Develop and maintain relationship with vendors and suppliers.
- Manage/process ‘change’ orders.
- When required, assist in determining quarterly inventory counts of our warehouse locations and Weight and Measure facilities. Assist in researching inventory variances.
- Provide support to Field Service organization as needed. This support may require onsite visits to client properties.
- Provide support to the Sales team. Assist with responses to questions regarding projects and proposal information.
- Log, track, and follow-up on queue request including correspondence, site inspections, submittals, shop drawings, etc.
- Facilitate sub-agreement score review for Legal
- Facilitate accounting project pricing breakdown
- Facilitate sales handoff notifications
- Perform visits to client properties to perform / assist in the following:
- Coordinate and perform onsite inspections to evaluate bid decision, scope of work and sub-metering or IoT system requirements
- Assist in the installation of hardware devices (Real Time Meters, submeters, Hubs, locks, thermostats, etc.)
- Pair the smart devices to the Yardi Hub, either using manual direct pairing instructions or via the Installer App
- Configure the locks and thermostats to their expected settings
- Ensure that the smart thermostats are compatible with / functioning with the HVAC system in the apartment
- Performing additional duties and providing support as needed.
- General comfort with electric meters, smart devices and IoT devices
- General understanding of residential HVAC systems and types
- General understanding of commercial building management systems and types
- General understanding of commercial and residential rental operations and services
- Ability to optimize thermostat configurations appropriate for the unit and HVAC type
- Ability to read and implement circuit diagrams
- Ability to add / modify wiring to back plates to support thermostats
- Ability to work in various web-based or physical interfaces to pair devices
- Ability to explain to the property any changes / impacts that may result
- Ability to communicate (verbally and written) effectively with clients, stakeholders and senior leadership
- Experience managing projects of different sizes from start to finish
- Previous experience presenting/discussing issues and ideas to management and the ability to motivate team resources towards goals
- Ability to organize and work effectively with project teams of staff from department and clients participating in this effort
- A strong sense of urgency, initiative and competitive drive to get things done correctly, with an emphasis on working with and through people in the process
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, including the proven ability to adapt to a dynamic project environment and manage multiple projects
- The proven ability to manage key stakeholder interests in an ambivalent culture while at the same time managing conflicting priorities and business interests
- Excellent time management, goal setting and prioritization capability
- Must have excellent communication skills with the ability to present in front of a large audience
- Regular attendance and a regular work schedule is an essential function of this job to include arriving on time and working the entire shift.
- LEED AP Certification desired
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) or Certified Energy Auditor (CEA) or other energy certifications desired
- Strong technical understanding of control systems, building management systems, and energy efficiency strategies a plus
- Electrical experience a plus
- Solar experience desired
- PMP desired
- Regular attendance and work schedule is an essential function of this job