Yardi is a global software company providing innovative property management solutions and services in every real estate market. We are focused on providing our customers with superior products and outstanding customer service. We are passionate about technology and believe work should be fulfilling and fun! We are committed to our customers, employees and the communities where we live.
We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic team player to perform electrical, mechanical, controls and instrumentation work within commercial facilities for Yardi’s YES Energy Team!
What you will do
- Performs pre-installation site survey assessments for design/build projects
- Provides field services support including installation, testing, updating, troubleshooting, and repairs of electrical systems and commercial building equipment
- Performs hardware commissioning to ensure properties are provided with a fully functional system
- Coordinates and may supervise electrical and HVAC vendors during product installations and pre-installation site walks
- Communicates with customers to document system and design requirements and to provide project updates
- Uses scope of assignment and generally accepted methodology to recommend and implement an integrated solution to support the achievement of the customer’s goals
- Works closely with customer’s engineers, systems integrators, and technical programmers to deliver and implement solutions in accordance with the project plan
- Assesses project feasibility and manages a custom application library
- Works with the development team to specify, develop, and deploy custom applications
- Acts in a technical support role for the sales team, reviewing potential projects and determining if existing products can deliver the project, or if custom applications need to be developed
- Works with the operations team to commission new applications; provides training to the operations team on the deployment and use of any custom applications
- Handles warranty resolution
What you need to have
- High school diploma or GED
- Two plus (2+) years’ experience as an electrician, or in an electrical, HVAC, or BMS technician role with experience working in and around load and line side electrical systems
- Electrical and/or electrician certification(s) and/or Journeyman Electrician sanctioned by a recognized institution or organization
- Extensive knowledge of a variety of electronic and digital controls systems
- Excellent technical and non-technical communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Building Automation Systems/Energy Management Systems
- Experience with distributed systems architecture, web services, and Java
- Ability to set up networking equipment; familiarity with TCP/IP basics
- Good verbal and written communication skills as well as being a team player
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and screen capture editing tools
- Knowledge of technical engineering and programming fundamentals
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to train others
- Frequent travel in North America required
What would be helpful
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in HVAC, Electrical Technology, or Electrical Engineering
- Niagara AX/N4 Certification a plus
What you get as a Yardi Employee
- A great place to work with fantastic people
- Ability to learn new technology and develop professionally
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits – Medical/dental, paid time off, sick time, paid holidays, 401(k), profit sharing, life insurance, and more!
At Yardi, we’ve created a team of over 7,000 employees in over 40 locations around the globe dedicated to making great real estate software products and fostering a collaborative work environment. Yardi is a place where people with a wide variety of cultural and life experiences come together to make a difference. Our corporate culture stresses integrity, respect, trust, responsibility, and fun! Come join our growing team!
Where permitted by and subject to applicable law, proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a requirement for this position, subject to any applicable religious and medical exemptions.