Yardi is a global software company providing innovative property management solutions and services in every real estate market. We are focused on providing our customers with superior products and outstanding customer service. We are passionate about technology and believe work should be fulfilling and fun! We are committed to our customers, employees and the communities where we live.
We are looking for motivated individuals with high attention to detail to collect, submit and analyze energy usage data to meet government regulated benchmarking and sustainability requirements for Yardi’s YES Energy clients!
What you will do
- Acquires water, waste, and energy usage data from Yardi client utility invoices and vendor benchmarking portals for the ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager system in accordance with government requirements and deadlines
- Manages links between ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager and client’s Yardi environment that shares meter consumption data
- Monitors data stream for errors; researches issues to determine the cause of discrepancies
- Works with clients and third-party sustainability organizations to collect accurate property details, assists with obtaining tenant release and authorization forms
- Utilizes energy modeling and interpolates data when data is missing
- Inputs property attributes into system, monitors and checks property set up monthly, and updates system as needed
- Manages connections to utility vendors’ web service portals to collect whole-building usage data
- Contacts vendors to gather additional data and improve the quality of provided data
- Audits data for errors in multiple systems; identifies incorrect utility data
- Handles common and intermediate-level client and data issues
- Partners with clients and assists with ESG reporting; uploads report on client’s behalf to various compliance programs
- Identifies areas to reduce client costs of maintenance and operations
- May participate in virtual or on-site client meetings to review ENERGY STAR data needed from the client. Data may require Energy Benchmarking Analyst to investigate, hypothesize root cause of concern and validate assumptions with the client to better understand the data
- Maintains solid knowledge of city and state benchmarking requirements, sustainability programs, and reporting systems; stays up to date on legislation changes, new program requirements, and industry trends
- Monitors pending legislation at Federal, State, and local levels for regulations impacting requirements to Benchmark properties using Energy Star Portfolio Manager
- Be part of a great team and collaborate with YES Energy team members across the U.S.
What you need to have
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Environmental Economics; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two (2) years of experience providing data management or technical support, preferably in energy, utility building, or sustainability reporting
- Excellent analytical and documentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and complete tasks on time
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to resolve data discrepancies in related systems
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Ability to learn and understand control systems and energy efficiency strategies
- Ability to transition between various software programs to ensure data stability
- Knowledge of utility rate structures, utility bills, and usage patterns
What would be helpful to have
- LEED AP Certification or other professional sustainability or green building certification
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) or Certified Energy Auditor (CEA)
- Familiarity with utility rebate and incentive programs and applications
What you get as a Yardi Employee
- A great place to work with fantastic people
- Ability to learn and develop professionally
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits – Medical/dental, paid time off, sick time, paid holidays, 401(k), profit sharing, life insurance, and more!
At Yardi, we’ve created a team of over 7,000 employees in over 40 locations around the globe dedicated to making great real estate software products and fostering a collaborative work environment. Yardi is a place where people with a wide variety of cultural and life experiences come together to make a difference. Our corporate culture stresses integrity, respect, trust, responsibility, and fun! Come join our growing team!
All submissions for open positions should be received through Yardi’s applicant portal, accessed from Yardi’s corporate website.