Yardi is a global software company providing innovative property management solutions and services in every real estate market. We are focused on providing our customers with superior products and outstanding customer service. We are passionate about technology and believe work should be fulfilling and fun! We are committed to our customers, employees and the communities where we live.
Our Pulse team is looking for a quality focused, team player with excellent attention to detail to join us as a Quality Assurance Intern. Pulse builds award-winning software that provides advanced HVAC control and optimization systems for our commercial energy management suite. As a QA Intern, you will interact with both our development and customer service teams to assist in upgrading our internal tools and mobile application. This is a full time 16-month internship based in our Saskatoon office.
What you will do
- Assist with developing, modifying, and executing software test plans, automated scripts, and programs for testing
- Maintain documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software
- Track software problems and maintain log of issues and resolutions
- Develop knowledge of tools, processes, procedures, and resources necessary to support quality assurance activities
- Follow established quality assurance procedures to complete mobile device and browser testing.
- Compile test results to support the analysis of existing functionality and improvement of testing strategies
- Provide feedback in preparation for technical appraisals of programming languages, systems, and computation software
- Assist with coordination of testing resources and timeline organization
- Perform unit testing on defect resolutions to ensure accuracy, integrity, interoperability, and completeness to achieve desired results
- Assist with revising and debugging assigned programs and procedures as necessary
- Update and maintain new test environments with appropriate data
- Participate in the creation and inspection of quality assurance documents
What you need to have
- Junior or Senior level university hours in Math, Accounting, Economics or related discipline; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Intermediate knowledge of quality assurance methodology
- Ability to accurately document software quality issues for review and resolution
- Ability to work at both detailed and conceptual levels
- Analytical and decision-making skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and time management skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced development environment
- Collegial, team-oriented disposition with the desire and ability to establish cooperative working relationships with employees at all levels within Yardi, outside of Yardi, and with clients
- Ability to work at assigned office location
- Perform tasks for extended periods of time on the computer
What you get as a Yardi Employee
- A great place to work with fantastic people
- Competitive compensation as well as vacation time, emergency leave and profit sharing
At Yardi, we’ve created a team of over 8,000 employees in over 40 locations around the globe dedicated to making great real estate software products and fostering a collaborative work environment. Yardi is a place where people with a wide variety of cultural and life experiences come together to make a difference. Our corporate culture stresses integrity, respect, trust, responsibility, and fun! Come join our growing team!
All submissions for open positions should be received through Yardi’s applicant portal, accessed from Yardi’s corporate website.
Yardi is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process.